2.20.2008

Ze Updates Zey Are Boooring

You know that good feeling I wanted to bottle up and save? I could use some now. I'm feeling tired -- probably battling all those germs people have been spreading around the office -- so I'm going to bed early, but I thought I'd drop you all a line. Tomorrow I'll get up early and go to the gym. That'll help with my mood, though getting some sleep will probably help too.
I was studying tonight. It really wasn't too boring -- I'm on the chapter on "programming" which is taking a clients needs and translating that into space size and relationships. I'd just rather be doing something else. Plus, I'm getting behind in my reading, which puts pressure on me and makes me cranky. And no one wants that.
The list of things I'd rather be doing is about as long as my arm, but at the top of that list is spending time with someone who appreciates me for exactly who I am and because of that would rather be with me than anyone else. Maybe I'll join some kind of singles group or match.com type thing when I'm done with exams. I've found it to be not very productive for me in the past, but who knows. I'm different than I was in the past. Plus, I have a better idea of what doesn't work for me, so that narrows things down quite a bit. I'm surrounded by happy couples and while I'm very happy for them and wouldn't have it any other way, I really think I deserve some appreciation and affection too.
Crap. Now I'm getting maudlin. Time to go to bed, try and read some more programming and then go to sleep.

Have a wonderful Thursday, everyone!

10 comments:

belsum said...

You DO deserve appreciation dammit!

My best-co-worker friend had great success with an internet dating service. The only problem is that the love of her life lives in Australia! Now they're busy researching all the bureaucracy of fiancee versus spouse immigration rules - in both directions!

Stacey said...

I agree w/ Belsum; you do deserve appreciation. I've had some friends use eharmony with decent results. At the very minimum you get to meet new people.

Janiece said...

I have friends who have met and married through eHarmoney, as well.

Good luck, and you DO deserve happiness!

Tom said...

Remember the friends "that exist at all." Be happy.

And, I'll just bet there are people out there who think that way about you. I can just feel it.

Random Michelle K said...

I appreciate you!

And I don't think it was just you. I felt crappy yesterday as well.

Must be something about the 20th of February. Or maybe Wednesdays.

Anne C. said...

Thanks, guys. I appreciate you too, especially when you say nice things, but even when you don't say anything but just think well of me.
Sometime I'll have to do a post about positive thinking.

Unknown said...

My experience is that you are superb at translating what a client needs into space size and relationship.
If you were maudlin you must have had a glass of wine by the computer or watching a romantic movie. :-(
Tom is right. There are friends out there...

Mummy Grabill said...

You deserve all that your heart desires and more, dearest.

MWT said...

*incoming well-thinking* ;)

Anonymous said...

Almost 9 years ago, I logged onto match.com. I was just looking for someone to hang out with, not really caring if I found my soul mate or what. I spoke with a few guys within a 30 mile radius and low and behold, a new match was added. We kicked it off immediately and now for 8 years and 2 months, I have had a good husband, my soul mate.

I know several others who have done the same and some that didn't make it. Personally, I find the risk worth it.

Hope you get feeling better and take care of yourself.