2.16.2008

Wish I Could Bottle It

Feeling unaccountably good this evening. Why can't I make it last? :D

I also just finished watching Hitch. Before I give you my opinion, let me be absolutely clear. I generally dislike romantic comedies. I find them utterly fake most of the time.
I loved Hitch. I think it was mainly because of the utterly charming Will Smith. Kevin James, however, is a close second. I laughed so hard when he does his dance routine and is so confident about it. I tend to have a cynical opinion about what people are looking for and would love to be knowledgable like Will's character. I'm starting to realize, like Will does by the end, that it's the personality and unique things that really work for people. In short, I think the message is not only true, but something I need to learn myself.

I missed this line in the actual movie (missed the first 1/2 hour or so), but I thought it was a great description. I might resemble that just a bit.

Max: Spoken like a true cynic.
Sara: I'm not a cynic, I'm a realist!
Max: Or a realist masquerading as a cynic who is secretly an optimist.

8 comments:

Shawn Powers said...

I thought it was a good flick too. :)

Generally, people either love Will Smith or hate him, but I think he's a great actor. He's fun to watch.

Janiece said...

Anne, I'm a realist masquerading as a cynic who is secretly an optimist, too.

Go us!

Random Michelle K said...

As much as I dislike romantic comedies, I thoroughly enjoyed "Hitch." We'd gotten it because we thought my grandmother would enjoy it, so I was set to sit on the sofa and surf the web during the movie, but instead I ended up paying attention and enjoying myself.

I think there really is something about Will Smith.

Besides the fact that he's awfully cute.

Mummy Grabill said...

I agree whole heartedly about Will Smith. As Shawn pointed out, people either love him or hate him. My hubby doesn't like him in general - but begrudgingly impressed by him in I am Legend. I love him, personally. He's extremely charismatic, handsome, and a very good actor.

MWT said...

I'm one of those optimists that became a cynic too, but I never tried to claim I was a realist (which is secret code for "pessimist"). I told people I was a cynical optimist.

Nowadays I'm back to being just optimist. ;) Experienced optimist, perhaps, as opposed to a youthfully idealistic optimist. But not a cynic.

Tom said...

Let me be perfectly clear. I LIKE romantic comedies. In fact, I have enough of them on DVD so that I noticed a distinct difference when looking at their spines. Romantic comedies have lighter spines, and action/adventure have darker spines. It's amazing how it stands out when they're gathered on different shelves.

Haven't seen Hitch yet, but I'm familiar with that warm, toasty, feeling good about everybody kind of thing. Good thing to bask in for a few hours, but the real world awaits. Darn.

Stacey said...

I enjoy Will Smith and thought Hitch was a fun movie. I've always thought an optimist was a pessimist without the facts.

belsum said...

I really liked it, too. (We must have been watching the exact same cable airing!)