2.17.2008

Wrap Your Head Around This

brenda013 wanted to post this, but had a bit of computer trouble, so she asked me to:

The poem I talked about is not exactly a poem. It is from Paul Brunton's second volume:

"Whether physically together or physically apart, that is a true relationship between master and disciple, husband and wife, friend and friend, which refusing to be tightly possessive or personally demanding, is satisfied by the silent fact that the other exists at all."


Hmm. I'll have to think on that one for a while.

On a more prosaic note, I had a wonderful time with my brother and his girlfriend today. It was my long postponed Christmas shopping trip. They got me some great stuff. It was really interesting getting their opinions on the clothes I tried on and I'm looking forward to wearing some of them to work tomorrow. :)

5 comments:

Mummy Grabill said...

What a lovely poem. I can hear brenda013 reading it. :-)

Tom said...

I'm not part of "master and disciple" or "husband and wife" but I do have some friends that fit the "exists at all" part. They're the ones I remember when I start getting down on myself. Then I remember, I can't be so bad if people like that think I'm their friend.

That's helped me through many a bad time.

Stacey said...

I agree. Just knowing they are there at all is comforting in and of itself.

Jenn said...

A wonderful poem/quote. I too, will have to do some thinking on it. It will be added to my ever expanding book of quotes and poems.

Unknown said...

Hey! What ever happened to:"what's in it for me?"