10.18.2007

Nervous Nellie

I'm taking the Building Planning Exam tomorrow morning.
I've been a bit nervous all week about this one because I was having trouble getting one of the parts (Interior Layout) done in the time allowed. I've been trying to practice a couple times per night, but then I was getting nervous that I was ignoring the other section (Schematic Design), since I had only practiced it once. Tonight, I practiced that neglected section and got done with plenty of time to spare. I forgot a couple things, but that's a good thing, 'cause now I'll know to be extra careful about those items. I also practiced the one I'm nervous about a couple times. The first time, it seemed a little too easy, so for the second one, I put a few more requirements on the program. That was good, because I spent the last twenty minutes of the time trying to squish in those last couple items. I say that's a good thing because it forces me to think creatively. Not to arrange furniture in pretty and realistic configurations, but to cram in every stick of furniture, no matter how ugly the solution. As long as has the required clearances. I did just fine and was able to come up with several creative solutions. The fact that I had time to fiddle with it means that I'm getting faster at the initial layout. That is great news.
I think I'm as ready as I'll ever be, so now it's time for a good night's sleep!
I'll let you know how I did tomorrow!

2 comments:

Mummy Grabill said...

Gooooooooooo Annie!!!!
Give me an "A"! . . . A! . . .
give me an "N"! . . . N! . . . give me an "N"! . . . N! . . . give me an "I"! . . . I! . . . give me an "E"! . . . E! . . .

What's that spell!? Annie!!!!

Anne C. said...

Thanks, Aileen! I think I did OK, but I won't know for 4 weeks or so. I'll do a more thorough post after work. :)