9.28.2008

TiVo Blues

The TiFaux that my brother gave/lent me a few years ago crapped out recently, and in a fortuitous turn of events, some friends were giving up cable for a while and so gave/lent me their TiVo. Unfortunately, I don't have a telephone land line (cancelled it for economics) and that's the primary way it gets info and the way they used it. There is a "connect to home network" option, but requires a USB adaptor that works with this system. I'm not even sure if what I have IS a home network.

I'm sure my brother and BIL will help me, but it's frustrating. I want to plug it in and just have it work!

In fact, I have that desire about other parts of my life too. Why can't anything be easy these days?

Later: I was right, they both helped me figure out what to buy and where to buy it. Now I have to wait for it to come in the mail. Argh! The Waiting! ;)

2 comments:

Nathan said...

Ur dooing it rwong!

Just duct tape the wire to the kitchen faucet. It's a plumbing issue.

I swear.

Mummy Grabill said...

I'm sure the B & BIL will figure something out, no problemo! :-)