9.05.2008

Pulling at My Bootstraps

This morning I've been in the mopes because yesterday evening a friend said something that was unintentionally hurtful. You know, the cyclical mental/emotional loops that you can't really shake until you're ready.
Then, shortly after I got to work, my coworker/friend came in and said that she and her two kids (plus one friend, so three kids) saw me and my distinctive car and were waving at me, but I didn't notice. I'm disappointed I missed it -- a car full of waving kids! :(

Moral of the story: When you're feeling super internalized, make an effort to look around you -- you are probably missing something that will raise your spirits.

6 comments:

belsum said...

((((Hugs))))

Anne C. said...

Thank you, sweetie! :)

Anonymous said...

great advice anne!

Anonymous said...

Ugh, it's really awful how something said unintentionally or without thinking can bite hard enough to make you walk around looking at your toes, isn't it?! I'm sorry you had a bummer day, and I hope that the universe makes up for it tomorrow! ;) *HUG*

Anonymous said...

It's funny how one thing said by one person can really consume your entire mood. I had something like that happen to me today, so I'm glad Jen (onewandering) sent me the link to your blog today; I'll try to remember to pay attention to all the little things that might cheer me up! Thanks! :)

Anne C. said...

Welcome, littlejoys! I've only recently begun reading Jen's blog regularly myself. My brother is a friend of hers and pointed out some posts that were extremely similar to my own point of view. She is definitely a "kindred spirit."