4.27.2009

Final Mural Pics

I just realized that although my nephew's mural has been done for a couple weeks (previous post here) I have not posted about the final product. Partly because my sister did a great job doing that on her own members-only blog, but partly because I've been a bit lazy this weekend. So, here goes:
We did two vignettes and a select number of "escaped" animals. The vignettes were intended to show the animals in their native habitat. So, In the "jungle" vignette, we had a tiger and monkeys...





The second vignette is the savanna, where we have an elephant, rhinoceros, lion, and giraffe...





And there were a few animals that escaped their context:
A snake

A mouse (note the mousehole with door to escape the snake)

A zebra

and a couple of birds


There was even some fanciful doodling


I did not do this all by myself. Not by a long shot. It was definitely a team effort. My sister-in-law, Jenn, labored long hours over this with me and has my highest respect and congratulations. However, we couldn't have done it without my sister's or mum's help. Their support and the support of my brother and brother-in-law are really what helped us bring it to completion.
Yay, team!

8 comments:

MWT said...

Ooo... cute. :)

Max Cutrell said...

guys did an incredible job!! you guys should be proud!

Ilya said...

Very cool murals, Anne!

Unknown said...

Lovely results. Cool pics.

mattw said...

That's really cool. You guys did a really good job.

Nathan said...

That's amazing. I mean really amazing.

I'm kinda floored!

belsum said...

So amazing and beautiful and professional!

WendyB_09 said...

I love the mix of real and fanciful animals. Great work!