3.26.2009

The Upside

... to unemployment is that you don't have to go out in this:

I am (and most of those I care about are) safely ensconced at home. I'm thinking of making some... mmmm... hot chocolate. I'd like to have it with homemade marshmallows, but they won't be done until tomorrow. Maybe I'll make brownies too... Hmmm...

Speaking of baked goods, the taste taste proposed in the comments of this post was held yesterday. Early polling put the cookie A (coincidentally baked by me*) ahead of cookie B (coincidentally baked by MG). Cookie A performed well in the Appearances and Flavor categories. Cookie B did very well in the Texture category. I'll see if MG can give me an update on late polling. [hint hint]

3 comments:

Mummy Grabill said...

I think you've summed up the results well. We had 5 testers so far and I think the tasting as been across the board - Anne's cookie (which I can at least say came from one of my recipes!) was generally thought the best in look and taste. I think we'll need to make more to be *really* sure! ;-)

vince said...

I love snow storms when I can watch them safe and warm at home. Glad you and those you care about are safely ensconced at home.

belsum said...

Hmm. Maybe you have some high altitude baking tips for akg?
http://akg42.blogspot.com/