2.24.2009

Superpowers

Whenever someone asks what superpower I would like to have, I usually say "flight" or "teleportation" so that I could travel as I liked and visit my far-flung friends and relatives whenever I want. (Like to Michelle's to have homemade Oreos.)

However, if someone were to ask what trait I already have that could be a superpower, I think I might say that I process toxins well. That would be physical ones (for example: I rarely get hangovers or food poisoning) and mental ones (I deal with "difficult" people well).

What superpower do you think you already have?

11 comments:

Nathan said...

Is it a superpower if you can live 49 years and maintain a maturity level of 28? I can do that.

Janiece said...

Hee! Dealing with difficult people is "processing toxins."

I usually just say, "You deplete me," and move on.

Sadly, I have no superpowers.

Other than poking annoying people with sticks, I mean.

belsum said...

Hmmm. I've been thinking about this far too long. (Is over-analysis a superpower?) I think I will go with "listening". I seem to have the ability to make people open up about themselves, both IRL and online. So.

hubs said...

Monk like patience.

Anne C. said...

That IS, in fact, a superpower, Nathan. Mental invulnerability to time.

Janiece, [tsk tsk] you are way too modest. You have lots of superpowers. A keen sense of justice and a willingness to DO something about it is pretty damn rare, if you ask me. Then there's you ability to knit a bazillion hats for charity in a single sitting.

Anne C. said...

bel and hubs, I love your superpowers (not to mention, Monk!)

mattw said...

I can flare my nostrils.

And I have the ability to completely convince peole of some pretty rediculous stuff.

mattw said...

And I meant that I could flare them on command, which I usually use to make my boss and sister-in-law smile and look away.

Random Michelle K said...

I have the superpower to make people drool all the way across the internet.

You didn't say it had to be a *useful* superpower!

Anne C. said...

OMG, do you ever! I drool just thinking about your baking! :)

Unknown said...

I have the superpowers of eyes in the back of my head. Very useful for raising rug rats.
(and the word verification is "horimpl."