11.12.2005

Emboldened


The tarot card trick is working even better than I'd imagined. Originally, it was just something to get me through rough spots, but last night, it actually solved a small plot problem I hadn't figured out a way through. The question was how to get the main couple to go somewhere together and meet a certain person at the same time. In the meanwhile, I decided that pacing-wise they needed one more day, so off the gal went to work. The card that was next in the stack is the one you see in this post. I looked at it and saw a disaster at the diner (not the actual meaning of the card). Oh well, I thought, not really necessary, but maybe it'll add some background color. It was only when the consequences became clear that I realized this was a pivotal moment. My gal was out of work temporarily and they need money. Presto, time and motivation!
Anyway, I'm feeling more comfortable in the style of the story and last night I wrote 2K words. I've still got a long way to go to catch up, but I'm feeling good about it. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant idea, those cards!