6.23.2008

From the Eye of the Whirlwind

An accounting of the weekend:

Friday evening, went out for drinks with a Match guy.
Saturday morning, saw Indiana Jones IV and ate lunch with a Match guy.
Saturday evening, I went to dinner at Janiece's house. I met her Smart Man, Terry, who is not only smart, but a really nice guy and a really good match for the fiery Janiece. Her giant schnauzer, Boogie (his real name starts with a B and reminds me of dictionaries, but I can't remember it at the moment), is a beautiful and enormous dog and very sweet. We had a great time talking. :)
Sunday, I met another Match guy for hiking (he was vetted by sitting and talking at a coffee shop for a bit) and then a brief drink afterwards. The hike was a really nice one called Hall Ranch, near Lyons, Colorado (hint hint, local hikers). We had a good time and we have some interests in common, so that's a good start.
It took longer than I expected, so I just had enough time to change clothes when I got back before I whisked off to City Park Jazz with my friend, Ginger, her husband, Dave, and their daughter. They, like all my friends, are a lot of fun to be with. India had been Dave's first international trip, and so we had lots of stories to trade.

All in all, a good weekend, but the only relaxing I really did was a few hours of reading on Saturday. I miss being home and the cats miss me too!

6 comments:

Janiece said...

His real name is "Baron," but that was far too dignified for a dog that's such a goober. So it became "Boogie" as a nickname.

Anne C. said...

Ah, and I was thinking like Barron's the publisher, who also do test prep materials.
Thanks, Janiece. (And there are times when he can look noble... when he's standing still and not doing anything ;)

Unknown said...

You were entirely successful in vicariously placing us in the "eye of the whirlwind" as well! Gasp. I feel exhausted!

belsum said...

You are one busy lady! Sounds like you had a ton of fun though. Woo!

Mummy Grabill said...

Wowsers! And I thought I was busy!

Anne C. said...

To be honest, I don't really LIKE being this busy, but as I told Stacey: "I need to make hay while the sun shines."