4.11.2010

Warm Weather Dining

It's Springtime! That means I can pull one of my favorite inventions again:
Quick Pasta Salad


















The recipe is easy:
Start with a big bowl...

















Cook pasta (elbows or shells are good because of their size and shape) and add frozen peas halfway through the cooking period. When they are done cooking, drain in a colander and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking. Add to the bowl...

















Add a drained can of cooked chicken or salmon or tuna...

















Add three stalks of chopped celery...

















Add a handful of finely minced parsley...

















Add to taste mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and herbs (I use dill, celery seed, garlic salt, powdered garlic or onion, but other herbs like basil and oregano would work well.)

















Mix well and viola! A big bowl of tasty pasta salad.

3 comments:

vince said...

I'm a big fan of pasta salads in the summer. As you note, they're easy to make, and by varying the type of meat used (I like tuna and salmon best myself) and varying your spices, you can have a quick meal with some significant variety.

WendyB_09 said...

I've been known to use a tin of corned beef if I have one on hand. I'll chop up some zucchini & yellow squash as well. Works really well with my mom's recipe for homemade mayo.

Stacey said...

looks yummy.