- On Monday I saw two Buddist monks in my grocery store. I wished I had an itty-bitty camera on me to whip out and snap a photo of them. They were dressed in burnt orange robes, sandals, and had buzzed haircuts. And they were smiling. I think every Buddist monk I've ever seen was smiling. They were so cute!
- Yesterday I managed to get some good photos of the cats investigating the printer.
- My soccer team had a good game on Sunday, but lost again. I think it was one of my best games ever -- I blocked, I collected and stole balls, I even made good passes, and I took hits. In the last minute of the game, I blocked a powerful shot from a distance of about 6 feet. So now I have a giant (about the size of a bread plate) spectacular buise that is blending beautifully from deep purple to chartruese. Here's the Sunday evening bruise. Today's Pic-of-the-Day features Tuesday and Wednesday's versions of the bruise.
- Blogger has a new photo blogging feature that I might have to try out.
- I'm trying to decide between two digital cameras to buy (or beg for)...
Canon PowerShot A75: 3.2 mp, very good performance, kinda bulky, $250.
Canon PowerShot SD100 (aka Elph): 3.2 mp, good performace, very slim, $250?
Right now I'm leaning towards the Elph, since it is easier to carry around and get spontaneous photos, sacrificing the better performance for portability and an increased likelihood I will actually use it. If I find there are times I would prefer better performance, then down the line maybe I'll buy the other.