11.08.2008

Progress!

Well, it's been a long slog, but I've made some good progress today. I'm up to... 7661 words right now. That's several thousand below where I *should* be, but it's making progress. Things are going much more smoothly now that I have my (muahahahahahaha) plan. Hopefully the rest of the day today and tomorrow I should be able to make more progress.

Jeri issued a writing challenge and then posted her own response to the challenge. I, amazingly enough, have managed to meet the challenge myself. In a nutshell, it is: Write a short short piece titled - or themed - either “Karachi by Monday” or “The Pakistani Schlep”. Both of these are inspired by our friend and fellow UCFer, Saqib Sadiq, getting engaged! Yay, Saqib! (He's also generously posting peek at the experience for us foreigners. Again, yay, Saqib!)

My "entry" is under this link and is an excerpt from my NaNovel. Interestingly enough, I managed to work in another writing challenge in there. My fellow UCFers should be able to spot it.

Later: My final count for the day, 8346 - 4K more than I had this morning. :)

4 comments:

kimby said...

Great job..and Yeah for Walter!

Jeri said...

LOL good one! And nice job on the story piece.

I like the concept - the magical cleanup crew - that's a really fun story. I've always thought fantasy would be hard to write, having to build the rules of your magical system and your world.

And you worked in BOTH Karachi by Monday and Pakistani Schlep - extra credit there. :)

Walter's not visiting my world until later in my story. I think.

Anonymous said...

Whoo hoo! Great job, Anne! I can't wait to read more! :)

Unknown said...

Yes, keep the story coming! :-)