11.21.2008

Writing AND Friends


I had dinner with my dear friend, Janiece, tonight. We had a great time, eating and talking and laughing. Lest you all think this kept me from my NaNoWriMo, I can honestly point out that I used the time waiting for Janiece (who was stuck in a traffic jam) working out some plot issues that were starting to loom. I got 2 and a half napkins worth (both sides!) of outline written out before she showed up. These words don't contribute to the word count directly (unless I were to transcribe it, which I won't) but it'll make my efforts for the rest of the weekend go MUCH smoother.
So, yay for Janiece and yay for traffic jams (except for the stress they caused others)!

I don't know how much I'll get written tonight. I'm pretty pooped (stayed up late last night, writing) but I'll make a stab at it. Tomorrow and Sunday I should be able to do several days worth of work, especially as I haven't planned anything except for this (and going to the store to get materials for catfood).

4 comments:

Janiece said...

You'd almost think there was a method to our madness...

But we had CHEESECAKE.

Anne C. said...

A giant piece of cheesecake.

:D

Rebekah said...

Looks like you need to keep a notebook or pad of paper with you to jot down all those notes.
Keep up the good work.

Anne C. said...

Heh. Too true, Rebekah. Thanks.