11.19.2008

A Challenge

Yesterday, John Scalzi posted a picture of a sunset in Ohio.
Jim Wright, had to one-up him by posting a picture of a sunset in Alaska.
MWT, not to be outdone, posted a picture of a gorgeous sunset in Georgia, and challenged me to post a sunset of my own. I couldn't find (as MWT suggested) a sunset photo from India, though I know I took a ton of them in Honduras. So, I'm posting a photo of a sunset here in Colorado. We do pretty well with having dramatic sunsets, so I think it'll be able to stand up the competition. What do you think?



In other news, I've passed 26K words and where I was on the 2004 novel that I did complete. If I can continue to be diligent (and my friends are being good about leaving me be), I'll get ahead of the game so that I'll be able to take Thanksgiving off entirely. :D

ETA: Yesterday I figured out that on the weekdays, I don't really need to buy any treats to use as rewards (I was considering cupcakes from here). When I'm pushing myself at night, the best reward is SLEEP! By the time I'm done, I'm dying for it. It doesn't cost anything and it's not fattening. What could be better? :)

6 comments:

MWT said...

Ooo... nice clouds. :)

Mummy Grabill said...

A friend of mine once commented that everyone thinks their area's sunsets are best. I imagine that's because of the emotional tie you may have to your place of residence. I can say, that having grown up in Maryland, the sunsets here in CO are by far more spectacular and much prettier. That being said, I don't think the Aspen's in the fall have anything on the kind and variety of color produced in the Appalachians. So do with that what you will . . .

Anonymous said...

Operation 'Send Cake Pop'

Status:

Cake Pop has been packaged up for colorful and secure transport to Denver... will be taken to PO tomorrow -- hopefully to arrive in time for pre-Thanksgiving and post-#K-word-achievement sleep festivities!

Anne C. said...

Yay! Thank you, Jen! :D I look forward to it!

Stacey said...

I've lived coast to coast and some places in between. Colorado Rocks for Sunsets and they are different every day. I can honestly say that there wasn't one sunset in Houston that moved me; in Galveston over the water was marginal but that had to do more with the company than the scenery methinks.

Unknown said...

Well, after wading through all the comments generated by Jim Wright's sunset in Alaska, I felt too exhausted to comment there. But there ISN"T any sunset in Alaska at this time. In fact, there isn't any sunrise. Well, maybe a teensy bit of both. Your sunset and MWT's sunset are much nicer and contrasty. :-)