11.15.2008

Puffing Steam

I am "The Little Engine That Could."

I'm up to 18K. The story is moving along fine. I got 2300 words written today, which is not as much as I'd hoped, but over the amount I need to do every day if I want to finish this on time.
I did get a late start today, having gone to a brunch with my sister, future SIL, and good friend/cousin, Susan. We had fun. My sister pointed out that I'd probably do just fine if I could train my family and friends not to invite me to do stuff when I'm supposed to be writing. She has a point. My ability to say no to a social invitation is getting feebler and feebler as I age.
However, if I can keep moving forward at a little over 2K a day, I will finish on time. I'd like to do a bit better than that so I can take Thanksgiving off. And there are 2 1/2 weekends left in which to produce more than 2K [crosses fingers].

It's "only" 10:30, but I'm finding it difficult to string together coherent sentences, so I'm going to bed.

Nigh nigh!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Anne, you are doing a terrific job of staying disciplined and on track. I'm sure you'll catch up and get this done - and I'm looking forward to seeing more of the results as you are ready to post them!

Jeri said...

Anne - that was me - my BIL was logged onto his gmail on my computer. Oops. ::blushing::

Anne C. said...

I'll let it go this time. ;)

It's not like *I've* ever done that! :eyeroll: