11.10.2008

A Blur

Wow. I just wrote a couple thousand words in a couple hours.
That's pretty stunning for me. Definitely not typical. I do have a pretty strong idea of where I'm going, however, and I'm feeling comfortable in the setting I've invented, so I'm sure that contributes.
I'm up to over 12K words (actual number there on the right), which is below where I "should be" if I were writing an equal amount every night, but I'm steadily gaining ground on the "should be" number. Actually, what I'm more concerned about than getting where I "should be" is making the most of the time that I do have in the chair and writing a thousand words an hour, rather than the five hundred I usually produce. That way I have time when I can get out and play and not feel pressured! :D

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHOOOO HOOO!!!! Way to go! 12K... that's awesome!

Just a few more left to go!

MWT said...

My standard cruising speed is 500 words per hour too. I clocked it during one of the 3-Day Novel weekends a while ago. ;) Mostly I don't worry about it, as long as I'm writing and I like what I'm writing. Different writing strokes for different writer folks. ;)

Tania said...

Go Anne! Woo hoo!

mattw said...

That's great congrats on hitting 12k!

Anne C. said...

Thanks for the support, guys. (especially the "few more left" -- you are a glass half full gal, aren't you, one?)
MWT, usually I don't mind either, but I do mind during NaNoWriMo, when 2K a day means 4 hours in front of the computer. Getting back home at 6 and trying to go to bed by 10, that usually means no slacking off at all. Which, as an inveterate procrastinator and slacker, is tough to do for a month. ;)

Mummy Grabill said...

That's awesome Anne! I hear what you are saying about efficiency while writing. I know what a hard month it is for you when you do this thing . . .

Jeri said...

I love it when writing flows easily and time flies when I'm doing it. I like it even better when I'm pleased with the end result!

I haven't had much of that lately myself, it's been a bit like pulling teeth. My pace is pretty quick, simply because I type quickly and don't allow myself to edit as I go, but I'm not proud of the output. :P

Go Anne!