12.08.2008

Da Boyz


For those of you who haven't had the good fortune to "meet" my boys, here's a supercute photo of them. They are brothers. (If you look closely, you might be able to see the family resemblance.)
The one on the right is Martin. I think of him as the big brother. He started of being the more reserved of the two, but his affection, once earned, is a serious attachment. He is the "talkative" one, and he has an adorable way of stretching up with one paw outstretched that really won over my dad when I was in India.
The one on the left is Matti. He's like the little brother. He checks to see what Martin is doing on a regular basis and likes to sit against him and have his head groomed (as shown in the picture). He used to be the more outgoing, but less attached of the two. Now, as they've gotten more comfortable in my house, they're pretty equal with the greeting duties. Matti is more likely to wander off on his own and sleep above the heating ducts in the basement and more likely to make an escape attempt out of the yard.
They are such brothers. One minute they are competing to see who can lick the other more, then they're fighting and chasing each other around the house.
I love them both equally, even though they are so different.
My boys make my house a home.

(More pictures of them can be found in the righthand sidebar, towards the bottom.)

9 comments:

Tania said...

The adorable is overwhelming in that picture. Sigh.

kimby said...

Hey they look like they could be cousins of my Stanley. Except of course that Stanley would NEVER allow another cat to be that close to him...

They sure do ooze cuteness...

Janiece said...

So Cute!

MWT said...

Yay kitties! :)

Anonymous said...

The cuteness is almost unbearable.

Almost.

(Kitties - yea!)

Jeri said...

I love how cute they are together, and how in pictures like this it's hard to tell where one leaves off and the other begins.

Definitely Cute Cat Picture of the Week!

belsum said...

My grey girls look just like your boyz. They, however, are not sisters and they HATE each other.

Anonymous said...

I have ALWAYS wanted to own animals that got along, but -- insert dramatic *sigh* -- I seem to always find the loners.

M & M are ADORABLE -- thank you for posting links to so many pictures of them! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the one of Martin smooshed up against the window frame with his paw hanging down!

Do I get to meet them next April when I'm in town?!?! ;)

Anne C. said...

You'll HAVE to meet them, since you'll be staying with me... RIGHT? :)

And I assure you, they are just as cute in person as they are in photos.