4.26.2008

Review: The Forbidden Kingdom

Two words: Loved It.

I just saw The Forbidden Kingdom last night. I won't say it's my favorite movie ever (lacked that extra layer of subtlety and character development that I love) but it was delightful. It's 50% a star vehicle for Jet Li and Jackie Chan (featuring both of them in roles they obviously enjoyed, and looks pretty much written for them) and 50% Chinese fairytale (a genre I love). I am definitely going to buy it on DVD.

The sole Caucasian dude did a good job of acting like a normal person put into a fantastical situation and the beautiful token female did a lovely job of being beautiful and spirited. She talked about herself in third person, which was cooler than it sounds. Made her sound mysterious, for some reason.

Highly recommended, especially if you like fantasy action movies.

4 comments:

belsum said...

Oh I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed it! I've previously heard nothing but bad reviews and it looks so cool that I was bummed.

Random Michelle K said...

That's on our to see list.

We just have to see if we can catch it in the theater before it leaves. :)

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed when I watched them yesterday....Two thumbs way up !

Anonymous said...

Kinda like it....Good !!!