4.02.2008

The Bathrooms in Paris, and Other Things

On Friday, we started at the MGM Grand. We didn't see the lions (evidence to the left). We walked the strip, stopping at, of all things, M&M World. Four floors of M&M goodness. Besides the funny variations on movie posters, there was the ubiquitous 3D show (credit to Stacey on both photos) and lots and lots of merchandise.












I loved seeing the different variations, from New York:

(I would have loved to have seen what the plan of that one looks like. No, this does not count.)

to Paris... this lovely shell like entry mimics a series of famous Art Nouveau subway/underground entries by Hector Guimard.

An imitation of the Eiffel Tower loomed above us as we walked in to find the fabled Paris bathroom... [cue momentous creshendo]

Interestingly enough, the overall photos I took failed to capture the delightful details, so here's a photo of a delightful detail. I love how the tiles are bevelled. As Nathan pointed out, these are some of the most fabulous bathrooms in Las Vegas. This does remind me that I forgot to post a photo from the bathroom near the Star Trek exhibit. Here it is. Cool, eh? (Obviously, no great details here.)

After viewing the magnificent Paris bathroom, we moved on to Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum where we mingled with celebrity royalty. Aileen conquered Patrick Stewart's heart (picture courtesy of Stacey) and she and Stacey double team Joe Montana. Most of the time, the figures were close, but not exact, looking more like impersonators than the real thing. But sometimes, they were dead on. The best figures were Jamie Foxx and Princess Diana.













Tomorrow: Lion and Tigers and Magicians, Oh My!

7 comments:

Nathan said...

On the one hand, Yay! Paris bathrooms. (I'm a dork.) On the other hand, the best part about the Paris bathrooms is that they have real doors that make you feel at home...in a private space instead of in a public restroom. (2nd proof that I'm a dork.)

I'll shut up now before offering any further evidence that I'm a dork.

Mummy Grabill said...

Yes, Jamie Foxx was amazing! Down to his freckles! Really something! I kept expecting him to move!

I love the M&M movie posters they had, too funny! :-)

Anonymous said...

Did you color your hair? It looks redder in the bottom photo.

Did you come back with the vegas funk. You know, a little sick, a slight cold and stuffed up. Symptoms include be hungover, broke, and horny.

Anne C. said...

That is my sister, actually, and she did color her hair recently to a gorgeous deep auburn. (Can you tell I'm a bit jealous?) I'll be sure to post a picture with myself in it sometime soon. If not in the next post, then definitely during the description of my birthday, since Stacey's pictures tended to include me in them that day. (Wonder why? ;)

I didn't come back with a Vegas funk, since I didn't gamble or drink too terribly much (we started out so promisingly on the plane there!), but I will admit that seeing the strip show and knowing I didn't have someone around for afterwards was a bit... frustrating. :)

I imagine that the Vegas experience could vary widely depending on who's with you.

Stacey said...

It wasn't a strip show - it was a Male Revue...I'd like to Review it again...

Random Michelle K said...

OK, maybe it's just me, but I find wax people really disturbing.

Anne C. said...

It *was* a bit disturbing, especially when it's tough to tell which people are real and which are fake until they move.