10.01.2009

Getting a Foothold

There was a while there that I felt like I was at the bottom of a pit and not sure how I was going to get out. The last week or so (bike issues notwithstanding), I've managed to make a little progress towards getting things under control. I'm still staying up WAY too late (affecting when I get up in the morning and therefore when I get into work in the morning), but I'm accomplishing some major housekeeping tasks (last night it was financial housekeeping for the month) and that feels good.

I'm also starting to find my place at work, which feels good too.

This weekend, I have plans to see some of my wonderful friends and hopefully get some more housekeeping (this time, clearing out the basement - again - for work on the bathroom-in-the-basement project to begin).

Slowly but surely...

3 comments:

WendyB_09 said...

Good for you. Hopefully I'll be next to get out of the jobless pit.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and how good does it feel when those "gotta do for me" to-do items (like financial housekeeping) finally *do* get done?! Great, I tell you. I know the feeling well -- when "everything else" keeps you so busy you can't get to the other stuff.

Hey, you know -- I could call or text you when *I* go to bed (around 1130/12) and tell you to wind it down, and then at least one of us would be getting to bed quasi-on-time! Ha!

*HUG*

Anne C. said...

Hee! You are too funny, Jen. :D
Which reminds me... I need to get to bed. Have to be at work "early" tomorrow...