11.20.2009

Tasty


I usually eat smoked clams with Melba toast.
Well, I've been out of Melba toast for a while and I keep forgetting to buy more.
Yesterday, I defrosted some bread for toast (to have with my "Janiece's Extra Special Chokecherry Jam" I have some and you don't, nyah nyah nyah) and had some leftover this evening. I realized "hey, I could make my own toast."
Well, when I got home from work, I went into an automatic cooking mode in which just started making a full meal from the disparate pieces of this idea.
Here's what I did:
I thinly sliced about 6-8 oz. of mushrooms and minced a small shallot clove.
Then, I sauteed these gently in butter and seasoned it with a little salt and a little ground sage. (Sage tastes like stuffing... or rather, stuffing tastes like sage) When that was done, I served it on toast with smoked clams.
It was SO yummy!

No comments: