I can't even claim my recent blogging silence has been due to being busy or "away from keyboard."
I've had a few little post items (that you'll see in the next few days), but I've been feeling pretty escapist lately. I spent a day off work (don't remember if it was a weekday or a weekend) last week simply reading a book. I recently (in the last couple months) picked up the third book in Lynn Flwelling's Tamir Trilogy and reread the first two, which I don't usually do. She's a great writer. The subject matter is a little dark, full of vengeful ghosts and blood magic, but the characterization is done very well. It's a coming of age story, but doesn't feel teeny-boppery in the slightest.
I've finally finished watching all the Get Smart episodes (will return to Stacey next time I see her!) and caught up on the TiVo.
I've been getting SOME stuff done:
- Demo in basement (found a 35 year old porn magazine - BONUS!) for the BITB project.
- Buying up a storm for the BITB project (my savings account will take a nose dive after my next credit card payment)
- Making donations of crap from the garage and basement to clear up space for the BITB
- Making up a cool acronym for the "Bathroom In The Basement" Project
- Making Homemade Oreos a la Michelle
- Making Sugar Cookies for a fairy-tale themed Baby Shower (last weekend)
- Making cards with the cool book Janiece got me
- Sending out a package or two
- Making catfood to stock up for my trip over Thanksgiving
- Editing my new writing project, Midnight City and thinking through the next steps.
Work has been a bit lightweight, though my next project is this:
OK, yes, it sounds like I have been busy, but I have had time to blog and I haven't. :/