In Part II, I outlined my priorities.
In order to work towards a life that is guided by these priorities, I've have instituted the following goals:
- Go to bed on time (9:30ish).
- Get up early (5::30ish).
- Exercise for an hour or so.
- Eat breakfast.
- Spend less time on the computer when at home.
- Compose blog posts on paper first. (The three On Priority posts were done this way. I don't always follow the rough draft, but it gives me structure and a definable task.)
- Accept invitations to friends' activities.
- Plan my own activities/parties/camping trips/etc.
- Don't turn on the TV while cooking. Cook, then watch a specific program while eating.
- Read more books, either through audiobooks (while exercising/cooking/cleaning) or a real book.
- Read something brief and upbeat (currently my compendium of Calvin and Hobbes strips) before bed every night.
- Try to clean incrementally, don't wait 'til it gets out of hand.
- Keep a list of upcoming tasks and do them one at a time. Slow and steady, like a mountain-climber.
I've developed these slowly over the past month. Part of this realignment has been because work let up a bit to allow me some time to think, but mostly I've been making small steps towards each of these for quite a while.
I'm hoping this plan to write off-line will work to reincorporate blogging into my schedule. So far, it has seemed to work well. Hopefully it will be enough of a priority that you'll see posts here more often!
Thanks, as always, for your readership. :)