1.23.2008

Clearing Out Stuff

I'm selling the roll top desk I've had for, oh, maybe the last 20 years or so. I've moved with it and cleared it out several times since I moved last, so there's not too much crap in there. I did throw out some stuff though, and that felt good.
I ran across entertaining things from the cross-stitch design that I did for my mum (two roses for a stole) to my parents' house design. I also found a piece of paper with some quotes I liked (and still do). Obviously, I was looking at "tree" quotes.
I thought I'd post them here so I can throw away the paper...
"The stronger the winds, the deeper the roots, and the longer the winds, the
more beautiful the tree." - Charles R. Swindoll

Trees are the earth's endless effort to speak to the listening heaven."
-Rabindranath Tagore

"Let your life lightly dance on the edges of Time like dew on the tip of a
leaf." - Rabindranath Tagore

8 comments:

Janiece said...

Anne, I do cross-stitch, too.

And don't you love being about to get rid of "stuff?" So liberating!

Anonymous said...

I actually am really digging the quote treasures you unearthed - I especially like the first one today!

Strangely enough, I love cleaning closets. And I'm just OCD enough to enjoy cleaning out & organizing my jewelry workbench just as much and I do actually making the stuff.

Anne C. said...

I do love cleaning out stuff and throwing stuff away. Organizing stuff in general is fun. But I do have to be in the mood for it. It helps to have a good movie on in the background.
Watching Monk or The Transporter helps because both of those main characters are finicky, which gets me in a finicky mood.

Stacey said...

The Transporter is finicky, gosh I didn't pick up on that....I was too busy watching him move; all that oil...does he speak in the movie too?

Anne C. said...

A little bit. It's easy to miss if you're focused on the oiled muscles. ;)

Mummy Grabill said...

Not the roll top desk!!! Arrrrg!

But I must admit, it doesn't suit as much as it used to . . . I will allow it. ;-)

belsum said...

Our roll-top desk is on my list to sell, too! How did you find a buyer? I figure I'll just try Craigslist.

Anne C. said...

Aileen, you "inspired" me when you got rid of your childhood furniture. ;)

Bel, I hadn't gotten around to posting it (was going to post on Craigslist, actually). I just lucked out that a friend of mine mentioned he wanted a roll top desk for his new house.