12.06.2010

Intellectual Attraction

An Alien's Guide to Earth

This somewhat rambling and popular-talk-show style podcast/radio program has, at its core, a great interview between Neil Degrasse Tyson and Jon Stewart about The Daily Show's newest book "Earth: The Book."
If you can stomach the talk-show banter (honestly, I wouldn't have made it through if the interview was even one notch less interesting) and the ads (virtuous ads, but still ads), this interview illustrates why I adore Jon Stewart.  He really speaks about the things I think about.  You know that conversation-starter question about "what famous persons would you most like to invite to dinner?"  He's at the top of my list.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I really, really, REALLY wanted to listen to this, but after several false starts I think I just have to admit that I'm awful at listening when there are no pictures (or written words) involved. :( Still, thanks for posting the link, Anne -- I might just have to check out the book instead! :) *HUG*