6.23.2009

Treats for Me

My dear cousin Susan took pity on me and my poor demolished basil and bought me a new one. It came in a really cool biodegradable pot. Here it is next to its older brother. Thank you so much, Susan! You are the sweetest! (I got to see her for the ladies luncheon and she looked gorgeous in an almost Edwardian style black gown.)

On my way home, I stopped at Barnes and Noble and finally used a gift card a friend gave me as a thank you gift way back around January. I got three cool looking books: The Art of War by Sun Tzu (always wanted to read that), 101 Things You Didn't Know About Jane Austen by Patrice Hannon (essentially a biography), and Good Omens by Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman (no, not Neil Diamond). This last one ought to be pretty darned funny.
I forgot to mention last weekend that Janiece, my fairy godsister, gave me a lovely book called Paper Architect. It's a fabulous book and once I get to a craft store, I'll see about doing some of them myself. ;)
I also stopped by Cost Plus World Market for something and was intrigued by a bar of dark chocolate with sea salt. Sound weird? Essentially it tastes like chocolate covered pretzels without the pretzel. Pretty yummy!


And here's the cards I've gotten recently. Do I know some lovely people? Yes, yes I do. :)

3 comments:

Janiece said...

You'll like Good Omens. It was the first Gaiman book I ever read.

Anonymous said...

Ditto re; Good Omens. Love it.

That chocolate bar sounds wonderful. I love salt and chocolate together - at times I've combined chocolate bars and saltines together as an afternoon snack.

belsum said...

Good Omens rules. I have a pile of Gaiman I need to get to - stupid library books needing to be read before I acquire fines...

Salty chocolate sounds good to me, too.