7.09.2006

Oh how I love a rainy night...

...when I'm asleep in my cozy little tent (pictured to the right).
It rained during 90% of my camping trip this weekend. Wacky eastcoaster that I am, I actually enjoyed it. We didn't get to do any hikes or outdoor activities other than gather round the fire and propane heater under cover of the shelter tent. As long as I was relatively dry and warm(ish), I was happy. I loved waking up in the middle of the night to a downpour. It reminded me of my childhood in a house with a metal roof.
Getting to the campsite was a bit hairy though. It was raining from Castle Rock to Colorado Springs and at times it was pouring so hard that I could barely see the road. I just followed the car in front of me at a reasonable distance. Thankfully, it stopped raining long enough for me to set up the tent when I got there.
I had lots of funs with my friends. Here you can see us setting up tarps to protect our cooking area from a potential rain onslaught (during the lulls we could never tell if it was going to clear up or continue). As you can see, we are an ingenious group.

No comments: